We aim to give our guests a unique camping experience… full of rustic luxury in a peaceful and magical setting in 17 acres of mixed woodland. A place where the children can experience the freedom of the woodland setting and the adults can relax and absorb natures beauty. By taking the hassle out of the normal camping, you will find everything set up and ready for you. Just bring your bedding and a torch, food and tea towel! All the tents are spaced with their own private area, their own fire-pit, hammock and picnic table.
Keeping things natural and low impact is important to us and part of our ethos. We ask for guests to recycle waste where possible. Eco products are used from natural varnish to the recycled toilet rolls. The super king sized beds are made from recycled materials together with other items on the site. Part of our profits go to the Land Rights charity. We love nature and this is reflected in our natural holistic approach…
Simple down to earth pleasures are many… Bake home made pizza in the Earth Oven… Make a cool den in the Ancient Wood, make a bow and arrow from the wood you find, cook on an open fire, explore our woodland tracks and sample the local produce from Carey Organics! Star gazing, bird and animal spotting, climbing trees, paddling and picnicking on the banks of the River Wye, walking the many public footpaths.
Much of our interior items are handpicked with care to minimise our carbon footprint. We have commissioned local craftsman/ women too to make some beautiful items on the campsite. We pride ourselves on giving you the guest an authentic experience of tipi and yurt living along with lots of beauty, relaxation and freedom in nature. We are a perfect fit for families with children and couples seeking a romantic and quiet time. With all our tipis, yurts and bell tents having their own private space and wonderful facilities close by.
Group bookings are welcome to take the whole site. Up to 6 adults can book one of the larger yurts – i.e.
- Child Friendly
- Camp Fires Allowed
- Large Groups
- Hot Tub Onsite
- Social Distancing
- 17 acres of native woodland
- 2 wood fired hot tubs
- freedom for children
- vintage and handcrafted
- Perfect place for groups to celebrate family birthdays or gatherings. Hire one end of the site and have your own private facilities an accommodation for 20 people.
- Wild swimming and paddling in the River Wye. 15 minutes walk away.
- Close to beautiful market towns of Ross on Wye and Lebury.
- Lots of historical places to list nearby; Goodrich Castle, Eastnor Castle, Hampton Court (near Leominster)
- Forest of Dean is 40 mins away. Perfect for hiring bikes and exploring its many bike trails. Go Ape and playgrounds by the lakes too.
- Canoeing on the River Wye available just 10 minutes away.
- Fantastic local pubs very close by. Cottage of Content at Carey. New Harp Inn at Hoarwithy. Plough Inn in Little Dewchurch.
- Cider tasting in Much Marcle at Weston’s.