We have a treatment room for holistic therapies in the woodland, helping you relax and unwind and enjoy your stay even more. You may book directly before your stay to have a treatment with a qualified holistic therapist. We have a reflexologist, healer, sound healer and massage therapist available.
Indian Head Massage & Reflexology
Cathy trained and qualified at the Jane Hider School of natural therapies and has been in practice for the past 10 years. Her skills include Reflexology and Indian Head Massage which can be incorporated into treatments. Sessions vary depending on the individual needs of the person. Cathy works intuitively to release stress in the body. A massage can range from light touch to deep tissue work which could include rocking or stretching movements.
Cathy continues to study and develops her skills with a variety of teachers, she is also a qualified yoga teacher with 10-year experience and runs regular classes on a weekly bases. Specialising in yoga for the over 50’s.
Some of the many benefits of Holistic Massage.
* Lowers levels of stress hormones that weaken the immune system
* Safe touch can help you release deeply held patterns
* Can help relieve backache, sciatica, rheumatism, arthritis and insomnia
* Improves circulation thereby bringing oxygen and nutrients to the body’s tissues
* Stretches and soothes stiff muscles
* Aids digestion
* Speeds up the elimination of waste products by stimulating the lymphatic system
* Triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural painkillers
* Can help with anxious and depressed states and can ease many common disorders related to them
* Can help to reduce oedema [excess fluid]. If this is due to poor circulation or tired legs
* Massage speeds up the repair of damaged tissue
* Loosens the body up before exercise and helps prevent stiff muscles prior to exercise
Tracey Mortimer MAR
Reflexology is a non-intrusive complementary health therapy. A reflexologist works on the points on the feet, lower leg or hands. It helps the body to restore its balance naturally.
Sound healing is an ancient practice, which can bring deep peace and harmony. Experience a ‘sound bath’, and feel the vibrations working on a physical and emotional level, restoring balance, easing aches and pains, reducing anxieties and calming body and mind. Qualified with the College of Sound Healing/ Sound Healers Association
Tel: 07493 936 333
For more information, please see James Gee’s website: www.thehealersnexus.com